APIMET’s self-supporting roofs are a unique and attractive alternative for a building. The system is based on the roof’s double capacity, since, because of its mechanical features, it can shape the building’s structure and contours. Important aspects of a roof, such as water-tightness, acoustics, thermal protection or fire resistance are also taken care of with this type of structural system.
APIMET develops self-supporting roofs capable of covering spans up to 36 metres. For the construction, it uses one continuous piece of lacquered steel sheets that simultaneously serve as structure and roofing, so we can design lighter, airier structures. These types of roofs are perfect for sports areas, swimming pools, shopping centres, or industrial buildings.
APIMET's self-supporting covers offer many advantages
- Decrease in the work times and number of components that make up the structures.
- The components are prefabricated, so they require less control during the execution.
- The system guarantees a better seal: it improves the sliding of rainwater or snow, and offers better wind resistance.
- They need less maintenance due to the finish of the roof sections, disregarding the greater amount of metal structure that needs to be re-painted periodically.
- This roofing system can be completely disassembled.
- The technology of the materials used makes for satisfactory performance in harsh environments.
APIMET offers AP200 and AP250 sections for curved self-supporting roofs. You can optimize the roof by selecting the type of section, the thickness of the material, and the radius of the curve, obtaining different benefits with each option according to the technical or design requirements that each case demands.
The AP200 and AP250 sections are manufactured as a standard roof width of 910 mm and 794 mm, respectively. You can see their technical specifications on the "Documentation" section of our website.
Materials and finishes
APIMET's modern forming line for self-supporting sections can process materials such as steel or aluminium.
As for the finishes, we can offer all our solutions and sections with a perforated finish, which is used for different purposes, such as hiding machinery ventilation areas or places with windows, for improving the acoustics of an enclosure, or for aesthetic reasons. You can find the various types of perforations that can be added to the sheet in the “Documentation” section.
There is a very wide range of colours, as the producers that provide us with reels of steel, both nationally and internationally, can provide us with reels in whatever colours and finishes that we want. The delivery time may differ from one colour to another.